Why We Should Pray
A devotion on Luke 18:1
He also spoke a parable to them that they must always pray, and not give up.
The Bible is filled with verses about prayer. The Bible tells us:
• God hears our prayers (Isaiah 65:24; Micah 7:7)
• To pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
• That the Holy Spirit speaks to God on our behalf when we pray (Romans 8:26-27)
• That God answers our prayers (James 5:13-18; Matthew 7:7-8)
• How to pray (Matthew 6:9-11; Luke 11:2-4)
And yes, the Bible tells us why we should pray.
Prayer is a means of communication with God. Without communication, we cannot know God. Prayer is an act of submission and humility. When we pray, we acknowledge God as the Holy One and our Redeemer.
Prayer changes things. When we pray, we receive strength, wisdom, courage, comfort, and direction. We see God in action.
Prayer changes lives.
Let it change yours.
Dear Lord, Please help me make a good habit of praying often throughout the day, so I may have a strong spiritual life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
How can I make prayer a top priority in my life as Daniel did (Daniel 6:10)?